Friday, January 5, 2007

Forever indebted to the Chinatown waitress

Brandi spent about an hour trying to decipher the medical report that was included in my referral. She declared we are getting this translated today and off we went to the Chinatown restaurant. Gosh she is a determined girl. The waitress lady came over and started reading it for us. I took notes quickly, unfortunately too quickly because I don't know what some of them say. Only me - So here is her story. On 10/17/05 she was found crying in the street. The police were called. They determined that she was 15 days old. She was very loud for the first week that they had her. She is healthy but small. She smiled at 3 months, crawled between 7-8 months, and at 11 months when the physical was completed she could walk across the room with a walker. She eats 6 times per day and likes eggs, veggies, fish soup, beef soup, and noodles. She like music and being outside. She smiles at people she knows and when she is not happy she closes her eyes and scrunches her face. Her favorite toy is a material bear. I found a website that has pictures of what I believe is the orphanage she is in. You can look at it if you want http://www.pbase.com/larryrz/0405. We also received the call stating our travel meeting is next Saturday near Philadelphia. At that time I will be able to get confirmation that she is in the county orphanage (as I think) or if she is in the city one. I plan to send a care package once I know for sure. OH I almost forgot the most important thing - her name is pronounced Chen Knee Yang. So we are investigating names that might work since she recognized that name I don't know that I want to change it.

1 comment:

Basket full o' Plums said...

Hello Dana,
I just wanted to say, "Hello" and congratulations on your referral of your beautiful little girl. I also want to let you know that your daughter and our daughter are "orphanage sisters". My Laina was adopted from the Heng Yang SWI in 2005. She joined our family on October 19th 2005. I hope your trip to go pick her up is wonderful!

Take care!
Laura Hesser