Thursday, January 11, 2007

She has a name

I know all the most ingenious people. Colleen did some investigating and found that Qiong means "fine jade". She suggested Jade as Ping's real name and I love it. So.... drumroll please.... introducing Jade Qiong Ni Miller. Sort of exotic with an international flare. We received our pre-travel meeting packet which contained all sorts of rules, regulations, and tidbits about the trip. It included a list of gifts that we must bring, baby items to pack, suggested clothing limit, etc. Everything must weigh less than 44 pounds. This is going to be a new way of traveling for me. My luggage usually gives the porter a hernia and gets slapped with a big sticker saying HEAVY. Tonight we received the travel information and two words come to mind - STICKER SHOCK. Holy heck, I was not prepared for the amounts. Jim said he was stunned. Anybody have an extra jet they want to lend us for the trip?

1 comment:

redmaryjanes said...

Jade is a beautiful name. I also like how it ties into her Chinese name. Very meaningful.
I hope you able to bring her home soon.